This Japanese recipe is very practical, not much different from the omelet that we usually eat everyday. It’s just that it looks like a roll cake. This tamagoyaki is suitable as a side dish for cooked rice or as a food decoration.
- 3 Chicken eggs
- 1 tablespoon of liquid milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Pepper to taste
How to make Japanese egg rolls:
- Beat eggs with liquid milk, then strain.
- Add the carrots, shallots, green onions, salt, sugar and pepper.
- Heat cooking oil in a rectangular nonstick skillet. Cook 1/4 of the egg until it is half cooked. Roll one side of the egg, then grease the part of the pan that is not covered with oil or margarine.
- Pour 1/4 of the omelette batter over the unrolled omelette and cook until it’s half cooked.
- Roll all the pieces, then do the same thing until the dough runs out.
- Wait for the omelets to cool so they are easy to cut.
That’s how to make egg rolls as delicious as Japanese restaurants.